Today we continue our discussion of the eight principles of the Word on Fire Movement by focusing on the fifth principle, “Affirmative Orthodoxy.” This term, originating with John Allen, Jr., refers to a positive presentation of what the Church teaches, an emphasis on the Catholic “Yes!” more than a finger-wagging “No!” A listen asks how we concretely love people in difficult situations.
- 0:05 – Introduction and the Erasmus lecture
- 3:00 – What is Affirmative Orthodoxy?
- 6:30 – Why is Affirmative Orthodoxy important to evangelization?
- 8:30 – G.K. Chesterton’s adventurous orthodoxy
- 11:30 – How do we frame Affirmative Orthodoxy around modern sexual morality?
- 16:30 – How is it possible to maintain Affirmative Orthodoxy during a debate?
- 19:30 – What are some good Affirmative Orthodoxy strategies?
- 20:45 – How can we concretely love people in difficult situations?