The Eucharist is at the foundation of the Word on Fire movement. In this episode of the “Word on Fire Show,” Bishop Barron discusses what it means to be grounded in the Eucharist and how all Catholics can draw closer to the Blessed Sacrament as meal, sacrifice, and Real Presence of Jesus Christ.
NOTE: Get your free Lent Reflections booklet from Bishop Barron here >> http://wordonfireshow.com/lent
- 0:04 – Introduction, recap of the natural disasters in Santa Barbara County
- 2:45 – What does it mean to be grounded in the Eucharist?
- 5:00 – How is the Eucharist religiously themed as “meal”?
- 9:30– How does the Eucharist as “sacrifice” illuminate our understanding of Communion?
- 14:50 – How does the Eucharist as the “real presence” relate the power of this sacrament?
- 18:55 – How can we learn from the Eucharistic miracles?
- 21:40 – How can we better ground ourselves in the Blessed Sacrament?
- 24:00 – Listener Question: How can we explain God’s non-competitive transcendence in light of transubstantiation?