Bishop Barron answers several listener questions during this episode, ranging from classic education to the Great Story of Israel to living the faith while under persecution. Enjoy this listener Q&A episode!
- 0:04 – Updates about Confirmation season
- 2:00 – Video made by students at Bishop Sullivan High School (Virginia Beach, VA)
- 5:00 – What do you think about the movement promoting Catholic classical education?
- 7:40 – Does Psalm 23 demand some sort of prosperity Gospel (e.g., Joel Osteen)?
- 11:00 – What books do you recommend to understand God’s relationship with Israel, and the Great Story?
- 14:30 – What do make of the Scripture that says, “God did not do the evil he had been planning to do.” How should we read this?
- 18:00 – What key topics and elements do you think every parish religious education program should have?
- 22:15 – Is it possible to be gluttonous in the pursuit of knowledge about God? How do we address that?
- 25:45 – What did John Paul II do to facilitate the downfall of communism?
- 30:15 – Any advice for people living in places where you can’t outwardly practice your faith?
- A Video Letter to Bishop Barron (Bishop Sullivan High School students)
- Holy People, Holy Land: A Theological Introduction to the Bible by Matthew Levering and Michael Dauphinais
- Jesus and the Victory of God by N.T. Wright
- How God Became King: The Forgotten Story of the Gospels by N.T. Wright
- Walking with God: A Journey Through the Bible by Tim Gray and Jeff Cavins