In this episode, we discuss a recent article in GQ magazine which described the Bible as overrated, along with a new report from Barna titled State of the Bible 2017: Top Findings. We explore whether people are reading the Bible, how much they’re doing it, and how we can all read the Bible better.
- 0:04 – Introduction, Bishop’s reflections on his Google talk, the Pope Francis movie
- 5:25 – Why does GQ Magazine think the Bible is overrated?
- 11:30 – How does Bishop Barron engage people who want to read the Bible but struggle with the task?
- 17:00 – How can the Bible, itself, be used as an evangelical tool?
- 21:30 – Why is the printed text of the Bible so important to people rather than the ebook version?
- 27:30 – Question: Is the God of the Bible in contrast with the God of natural theology?
- Pope Benedict and How To Read the Bible (Bishop Barron)