What does God want me to do with my life? And how can I discern God’s will for my day-to-day decisions? We all ask these questions and today Bishop Barron offers his advice. A listener also asks how Bishop Barron discerned his own call to the priesthood.
- 0:30 – Bishop Barron’s recent Confirmations
- 1:39 – The most difficult part about celebrating Confirmations
- 2:31 – How do we discern our vocation or state in life?
- 6:08 – How to specifically discern the priesthood or religious life?
- 10:33 – Encouragement for people afraid of discerning the wrong path
- 13:20 – How to discern God’s will in day-to-day decisions
- 18:42 – The role of circumstances in discernment
- 22:47 – Question from listener: how did Bishop Barron discern his call to the priesthood?
- What Does God Want? by Michael Scanlan, T.O.R.
- Discerning the Will of God: An Ignatian Guide to Christian Decision Making by Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V.
- To Save a Thousand Souls: A Guide to Discerning a Vocation to Diocesan Priesthood by Brett Brannen
- How Do I Discern My Vocation? by Fr. Michael Schmitz