We all face the Big Questions of life. Whether we’re religious or not, we wonder about God, identity, meaning, morals, and death. Bishop Barron tackles some of these Big Questions and compares how the world generally answers them with how the Catholic Church responds. A listener asks about the relationship between God’s providence and our free will.
- 0:14 – The power of spiritual fatherhood
- 2:44 – Father Barron, Bishop Barron, or Grandpa Barron?
- 2:54 – Question #1 – Does God exist?
- 6:19 – The big “why?” question
- 8:40 – Question #2 – Who am I?
- 12:05 – What about those who reduce all life to “genetic machines”?
- 13:11 – Question #3 – What is the meaning of life?
- 17:21 – Do we just make up meaning for ourselves?
- 18:54 – Question #4 – What is moral and immoral?
- 23:00 – How do we discover what’s right and wrong?
- 26:18 – Question #5 – What happens after death?
- 30:22 – Bishop Barron’s one-sentence answer to each Big Question
- 31:27 – Question from listener: Where does God’s providence end and our free will begin?
- Study Program
- The Mystery of God: Who God Is and Why He Matters (Bishop Barron)
- Thomas Aquinas: Spiritual Master by Bishop Robert Barron
- Answering Atheism: How to Make the Case for God with Logic and Charity by Trent Horn