We are taking the next few episodes of the show to discuss each of the great men and women featured in Word on Fire’s epic new film series, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players. Today we’re focusing on the joyful English journalist and evangelist, G.K. Chesterton. A larger-than-life figure, Chesterton charmed his way into the heart of the modern culture and illuminated the dull philosophy of the age with his clever, Catholic brilliance. Our listener question asks Bishop Barron about praying for intercession from those souls who’ve not yet been named saints.
*In this episode we include a limited time Word on Fire Show discount on CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players with Coupon Code: FrBrown
Visit PivotalPlayers.com to purchase and act now because this offer expires soon!
- 1:30 – Bishop Barron discusses the Pivotal Players World Premier Party
- 2:40 – Who was G.K. Chesterton?
- 5:03 – What is G.K. Chesterton’s impact on modern evangelism?
- 6:10 – What inspiration can married laypeople find in Chesterton?
- 7:37 – How was G.K. Chesterton an artistic evangelist?
- 9:21 – Why is Chesterton called a “happy warrior”?
- 10:48 -How did Chesterton separate ideas from people?
- 11:33 – Why did Chesterton love the paradoxical?
- 14:17 – How did Chesterton highlight the vibrant paradoxes of Catholicism?
- 16:45 – What is Chesterton’s Orthodoxy?
- 21:56 – What is Chesterton’s Everlasting Man?
- 23:48 – How did Chesterton take on religious relativism?
- 27:35 – Listener Question: How do we know when it is appropriate to pray for intersession from the holy departed?
- Calendar and Prayer Cards
- Study Guides
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players (Bishop Barron)