How can we share our faith more effectively with friends and family? That’s what the New Evangelization is all about, and in this episode, Bishop Barron details his seven qualities of a New Evangelist. He also answers a question from a listener who asks how he can prepare for the work of apologetics.
- 0:57 – Key #1 – Know and love Jesus Christ
- 2:17 – How do we cultivate a friendship with Jesus Christ?
- 3:29 – Key #2 – Be a person of ardor
- 5:05 – What’s the difference between ardor and being overzealous?
- 6:13 – Key #3 – Know the Great Story of Israel
- 11:22 – How can we learn the Great Story of Israel?
- 12:32 – Key #4 – Understand the culture
- 13:53 – St. Paul and the Areopagus
- 18:24 – Key #5 – Have the heart of a missionary
- 21:29 – Why evangelization is not just about people’s eternal destiny
- 23:20 – Key #6 – Know and love the Church’s great Tradition
- 26:46 – Key #7 – Be adept at using the new media
- 29:57 – Question from listener: how should we prepare to defend our faith?
- Study Programs
- CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization (Bishop Barron)
- International Eucharistic Congress (January 24-31, 2016)
- Walking With God: A Journey through the Bible by Tim Gray and Jeff Cavins
- A Father Who Keeps His Promises: God’s Covenant Love in Scripture by Scott Hahn
- The Great Story Comes to Its Climax (Bishop Barron)