Marriage has been one of the most talked about topics in the news over the past decade. Despite all the interest surrounding the institution of marriage, the numbers of people actually getting married has dwindled. In this episode Bishop Barron explores the beauty and goodness of married life by discussing the spirituality that undergirds this timeless institution. The listener question wonders what will happen to marriages in heaven.
- 0:05 – Introduction and the Vogt’s visit to Santa Barbara
- 2:00 – Why has the number of people getting married declined?
- 6:30 – What is the number one priority in being a husband or wife?
- 8:40 – What is the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony?
- 10:07 – What is the key to a healthy marriage?
- 16:00 – How can a celibate priest be an authority on marriage?
- 19:50 – Why does the Catholic Church demand an openness to children within a marriage?
- 22:20 – Advice from Bishop Barron for people who aren’t sure if they ever want to get married
- 23:40 – Advice from Bishop Barron for those who aspire for marriage
- 25:30 – Advice from Bishop Barron for those discerning marriage within their current relationship
- 26:27 – Advice from Bishop Barron for those who are struggling through a difficult marriage or a divorce
- 27:20 – Question from listener: Will I be with my wife as husband and wife in heaven?
- “Your Life is Not About You” (Bishop Barron)
- “Sex, Love, and God: The Catholic Answer to Puritanism and Nietzscheanism” (Bishop Barron)