There seems to be a divide in the Catholic Church between so-called “pro-life” Catholic and so-called “social justice” Catholics. Where did this come from? How do we heal this split? That’s what Bishop Barron discusses in this episode. A listener asks how to respond when a beggar asks for money on the street.
- 0:05 – Intro: Ingrid Goes West and Facebook announcement
- 3:45 – How did the Pro-Life movement and the Social Justice movement become divided?
- 5:55 – How should the “both/and” quality of Catholicism address this great separation?
- 7:00 – What does “social justice” mean in the Catholic tradition?
- 9:15 – Should the Pro-Life and Social Justice movements be equally emphasized in the life of the Church?
- 13:20 – How do we heal the divide between these two groups of Catholics?
- 14:55 – How can the saints help provide a path forward?
- 17:00 – How does Pope Francis balance the priority of these two issues?
- 19:32 – Question from listener: How should Catholics react to beggars on the street?