Bishop Barron recently celebrated his first Confirmations as bishop, confirming several people at Holy Cross Parish in Moore Park, CA. He shares about that, and also discusses the purpose of Confirmation and the gifts of the Holy it provokes. For this week’s listener question, Richard wonders why Jesus had to die on the cross instead of God just snapping his fingers and forgiving everyone.
- 0:20 – Bishop Barron recounts his first confirmations as bishop
- 2:18 – What is Confirmation and what happens when someone is confirmed?
- 5:53 – How is Confirmation for the Church instead of the confirmandi?
- 7:01 – What gifts does the Holy Spirit impart through Confirmation?
- 9:50 – Why the gifts of fortitude and courage are so important today
- 12:13 – The meaning of the gifts of piety and fear of the Lord
- 15:16 – Choosing the right saint’s name for Confirmation
- 19:41 – How parents should prepare their children for Confirmation
- 22:17 – What if someone gets Confirmed, but doesn’t feel any different?
- 25:39 – Question from listener: why did Jesus have to die on the Cross?