During this Easter season, when Christians around the world celebrate the rising of Jesus from the dead, Bishop Barron looks reflects on the evidence for this extraordinary event and what it means for us today. A listener asks, in response to a previous episode, how to teach our kids about God without watering down the faith.
- 0:24 – Bishop Barron’s first Easter as a bishop
- 1:19 – Why the resurrection of Jesus is the central claim of Christianity
- 4:35 – Why did Jesus keep his resurrection shrouded a bit in mystery
- 6:44 – The difference between resurrection, reincarnation, and resuscitation
- 9:29 – Why did Jesus retain the wounds of crucifixion after he rose from the dead?
- 11:47 – Alternative theories proposed by resurrection skeptics
- 13:54 – Can the resurrection of Jesus be reduced to a symbol or metaphor?
- 17:50 – What’s the ultimate meaning of the resurrection?
- 19:13 – How should we proclaim the Good News of the resurrection today?
- 20:48 – The significance of Christianity being rooted in history
- 23:13 – Question from listener: how best to pass on the faith to kids