What makes for a good homily or sermon? How can all people, including laypeople, improve the quality of church preaching? Bishop Robert Barron and Brandon Vogt walk through five specific qualities of good preaching that result in true conversion.
- 1:56 – Why does good preaching need to be mystical?
- 4:08 – Fulton Sheen and the power of the Holy Hour
- 6:58 – How does good preaching become more biblical?
- 11:48 – Why good preaching unnerves its listeners
- 14:21 – Bishop Barron’s advice for preachers worried about discomforting parishioners
- 16:37 – How good preaching leads to conversion
- 19:31 – Preaching lessons from Jesus and the woman at the well
- 22:01 – Why good preaching must result in mission
- 24:46 – How can laypeople encourage better homilies?